Welcome to October’s edition of online business productivity roundup!
Gosh, it’s already October and before you know it, 2013 will be over.
Well, fear not – there are still plenty of nice days to come and lots of interesting links that I want to share with you :)
Just take your time and go through this list at your own pace. There is a ton of great stuff in this roundup.
- SPI 080 : Your Habits and Unlocking the Human Potential (with Lift Co-Founder, Tony Stubblebine) (Smart Passive Income)
Pat Flynn interviews the founder of Lift, an iPhone app, which helps with creating new habits. This application is also available for those without an iPhone.
- How My Unproductivity Hit Me (And How I Fixed It) + Confessions (ProBlogging Success)
We all procrastinate – even the most productive of us. And speaking from experience, it starts out from something small and eventually all of those little things add up.
At some point you realize that you are unable to reach your targets and it may even affect your bottom line – just like what happened to Jane.
- The Art of Achieving Flow (Alpha Efficiency)
I remember the times when I was working on something and I totally lost track of time. In other words, I was in a flow state.
In this article, Bojan talks about what a flow state is and how to achieve it.
Believe it or not, negative self-talk indeed hurts your productivity. When I read through the list, I nodded my head many times (and yes, I’m a guilty of doing the negative self-talk too).
- Why Paper is Still My Favorite Productivity Tool (Spin Sucks)
A refreshing view to productivity tools. I gotta say that I still use paper to jot down notes at times. The usability (and the user interface) beats any productivity app on the market today :)
- An In-Depth Guide To Developing And Planning Your Quarterly Editorial Calendar For Your Blog (David Risley)
A good content calendar not only shows you what you are going to publish on your blog, but also why you publish it.
In this in-depth post by David Risley, he shows one way to build a content calendar for your own blog.
- Blog Efficiently: How to Blog More In Less Time (Blogging Wizard)
A variety of tools which help you to improve your blogging productivity. Categories include: Writing habits, writing tools, market research, blog management and image tools. Nice!
- Want to Be a More Productive Writer? Get Off the Internet! (Miranda Marquit)
Hey you! Yeah, I’m talking to you! Get off the Internet now and get back to work!
- Why Asking Your Readers is The Best Marketing “Technique” Ever… and EXACTLY How You Can Do It (Firepole Marketing)
Do you know what your audience wants? If not, there is a simple way to find out: Just ask!
Steven Fabian shows you how to do this and even shows you the steps required to put a survey on your site.
- How I Get Shares And Links From Influencers Just By Asking (Blogging Wizard)
Another excellent article about asking. This time it’s about getting attention from the influencers.
- List of Guest Blogging Sites (130+ best sites) (Peter Sandeen)
One part of effective guest posting is about writing for the right blogs. Check out this list that Peter has compiled and start writing posts for the best sites on the Web.
- 10 Tips to Maximize Guest Blogger Contributions (Blogging Tips)
How to make sure you get the guest posts you want. A great 10-tip checklist that you can implement in your own blog when deciding who can guest post on your site.
- (TSE 59) Automate Your Business and Set Up Seamless Systems with Tina Forsyth (The Suitcase Entrepreneur)
What is an online business manager and why might your online business need one? You can learn this and other things in this podcast by Natalie Sisson.
- Crowdsourcing: Pros, Cons, And More (Hongkiat)
An oldie but a goodie: What is crowdsourcing and what are its pros and cons? I used this very method to write my upcoming book :)
- How to Find the Time for That Important Project (Michael Hyatt)
Michael talks about a very important matter here. It’s all about understanding what’s at stake and seeing the long-term value of your project.
- 10 Free Google Tools Any Digital Marketer Will Love (Jeff Bullas)
I probably knew three of these tools already and the rest of them were new to me. Anyway, Google offers a great helping hand for marketers to understand various parts of their online businesses.
- How to Easily Take Daily Action On Your Blog Promotion Efforts (Daily Blog Tips)
How to do blog promotion through commenting.
Actually, with Ti’s help (without her knowing about it – unless if she reads this J!), I started to do commenting again. This post gives you a nice system to follow and some additional PDFs too.
- 3 Social Media Tools to Identify Influential Bloggers (Jeff Bullas)
What a blogger outreach is and three social media tools that will help you do it.
- 7 Tools For Monitoring The Effectiveness Of Your Tweets (Social Mouths)
Do you know how effective your tweets are? In other words, who and how many people retweeted them? This and plenty of other statistics can be found through the seven tools that are introduced in this article.
- 6 Amazing Social Media Productivity Tools (Jeff Bullas)
Social media and productivity – would you believe that I just mentioned these two together? Anyway, this list of tools helps you to improve your social media productivity.
Some of the tools you may have heard of, while other tools are probably new ones (at least for me).
A very nice list of social media tasks that you can hand out to your virtual assistant.
- 5 Custom Google Analytics Dashboards in 5 Minutes [Free Downloads] (Traffic Generation Cafe)
These dashboards give you an overview of how your blog is performing (and it’s a great way to learn from your readers too!).
I admit that I’ll have to dig deeper into this stuff than what I have already done, but Ana’s post is a great starting point on the topic.
- Setting Bold List Building Goals (and 3 Lessons Learned Along the Way) (Firepole Marketing)
As Michelangelo once said: “The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we hit it.” It’s so true and it applies to list building as well.
This post talks about three important lessons learned after setting big list building goals.
- 10 Reasons Why Email Marketing Should Be Your Absolute Priority (Social Mouths)
No e-mail list, no online business. Your e-mail list is the cornerstone of your business and I agree with Francisco: It should be your #1 priority.
How many points (out of 50) can you get with this test?