My goal with this site is to improve your productivity, either at home or work, and make you more organized in your life.
This blog especially talks to those who have a day job, a family, and are doing work outside the office hours, meeting their goals or dreams.
However, don’t worry, even if you don’t fall into this group of people, you can still find valuable lessons in this blog, designed to improve your effectiveness and help you achieve more in your life.
In essence, time management is life management. Once you have strong time management skills, you can get plenty of meaningful things done.
For instance, thanks to proper time management, here is a partial list of what I have achieved:
- I have completed 18 marathons and numerous triathlons.
- I have passed two certification tests at work (at my day job).
- I have written seven books.
- I have started a blog, which has led to newspaper, magazine, TV and radio appearances.
What type of content can you expect?
There are three things I want to accomplish with my blog posts:
- The content is long-form. My goal is to write thorough, well-researched posts, which break the 1500 word mark (however, they are usually much longer). I believe these kinds of posts can give you the maximum value.
- The content is not just theory. Instead, I create content that reflects my personal experiences on the topic. This way, the content is more personal and easier to relate to as a reader.
- I keep the posts actionable so that you can leverage the information as quickly as possible.
This blog focuses on writing topics such as:
- Productivity and time-saving tips for the home and the office.
- How to become more organized.
- How to achieve the perfect work/life balance.
- Well-being and personal growth.
So, who am I?
My name is Timo Kiander, and I’m the person writing most of the posts here on Productive Superdad. On top of being a blogger, I’m also an author and a software specialist (my day job) and an athlete.
I have worked in the IT industry for over 17 years. I found my passion for personal productivity in 2007, and I eventually started a blog about it in 2010.
I’m in my mid-forties and live in Finland with my wife and our son.
I’m also into endurance sports; I have run 18 marathons so far and participated in numerous triathlons and duathlons.
My blog mentioned elsewhere
This site is not the only place where I appear online. I have also been featured or mentioned on the following sites:
- Huffington Post
- Time Management Ninja
- Imatralainen (local newspaper)
- Uutisvuoksi (local newspaper)
- Trendi (a Finnish Magazine)
- YLE (Finnish Broadcasting Company)
Best of Productive Superdad
To give you an idea what Productive Superdad is all about, here are some articles you might like:
- Why You Should Get Up Earlier and How to Actually Do It
- 101 Tips for Becoming a Productivity Superstar
- 4 Ways to Take Advantage of Procrastination (+ a Book You Might Find Interesting)
- Why I Lost My Productivity and How I Got It Back
- Work Smarter Not Harder: 26 (+17) Effective Ways to Boosting Your Work Performance
- 14 Essential Steps for Taking Action Now!
- The Question That Helps You to Prepare for the Unexpected Change in Your Plans
- 11 Common Time Management Issues When Working from Home
- Sleep and Productivity Go Hand in Hand
General Guidelines for This Blog
Keep these points in mind when you read the posts on this blog:
- Content schedule: This blog is updated once every four to six weeks. I also publish a productivity newsletter once per month.
- Affiliate links: I might use affiliate links to products and services I have used myself.
- Guest posts: If you can write 2000+ word posts about personal productivity (see the topics above), including links to statistics, images, and quotes, then I’m all ears. :)
Here are a couple of important points to keep in mind when you read the posts on this blog: